BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
sadmac_me

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default sending songs via bluetooth from laptop/cellphone to blackberry curve 8310

Please Login to Remove!

I am trying to transfer songs(In MP3 format) via bluetooth from my laptop/other cell phone(Bluetooth enabled) to my blackberry curve 8310. While trying to do so, it asks me to save in ringtones folder. Even if i change it to music folder, the transfer never suceeds. I can transfer images and video but not just music. Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Old 11-22-2007, 07:15 PM   #2
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

Have you tried pulling the battery with the Curve powered on and then trying it? I have had the same issue before and this seemed to correct it.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:31 AM   #3
sadmac_me

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

I tried pulling the battery but it did not work yesterday night. Today i called up ATT customer service tech support to find out about the issue. I got the following points worth sharing.

I did not buy a micro SD card for storage initially. I just got my blackberry a day before fighting with my husband because i wanted a blackberry. So i wanted to test the functionalities initially to make sure i am comfortable.

1. If you do not have a micro SD card and storing songs to your device memory using desktop manager, you can only transfer a song of maximum size 2.86 MB. Anything bigger than that size, will not get transferred.

2. I got another information from the support team that i can not transfer songs via bluetooth. I think that's an issue then.

Can somebody help with the following points?

1. Can we really not transfer songs via bluetooth in a blackberry curve 8310?
2. Is there a software upgrade for this issue?
3. Is there any other alternative i can use in order to transfer songs via bluetooth ?

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Closed Thread