BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 09:50 AM   #1
Bobb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Sync Issues (Probably Related to BB Link)

Please Login to Remove!

Greetings everyone, and thanks for taking the time to read through this if you so choose.

I’ve been a BB user for perhaps more than ten years, and I’m a dedicated fan. I am now using a BB Z10 which I activated in January 2014 on T-Mobile. I have installed the latest available OS update. My computer is running Windows 7 Professional.

I’m having an issue with syncing my Outlook calendar and contacts, and I’ve searched the forums several times and have not seen any posts that describe the problem I’m experiencing. Perhaps someone can offer some insight.

Note that I have configured my sync options as “One way sync to your device” for my Outlook contacts, and “Two way sync between your device and computer” for my Outlook calendar.

When connecting my Z10 via USB and using BB Link to sync contacts and calendar, the process commences and runs its course of gathering status and data from device/computer. After the preliminary operations, the “Sync Preview” screen appears with the following message:

“There are 712 entries that contain conflicts between the data on your device and the data on your computer. How do you want to handle these conflicts?” Note that the conflicts pertain to my CONTACTS.

Within the sync preview screen box, there is a column on left showing each contact entry, 712 in all at this moment. When any of those listed contacts are highlighted, the box on right shows three columns designating three fields:

Attachment Hash On Device On Computer

For each contact entry, in the “Attachment Hash” column there is a long string of characters such as “2C7300814471448682BCE64F574C65A~”

In the “On Computer” field, there is nothing, except for some contacts if there is updated data for that contact on my computer, such as a new phone numbers or updated address information.

In the drop-down menus at the bottom of the Sync Preview screen, I have the choice of…..

“Don’t sync conflicting data” or “Use the data on my computer.”

I choose the “Use data on my computer” option and then check the box for the option to “Apply the resolution to all conflicts.”

I then choose the “Continue” option, but these steps are now always resulting in a “Sync Unsuccessful!” indication after all of the processes are completed.

This phenomenon had not been happening in the early weeks of using my Z10, but it happens 90% of the time now. I sometimes get a successful sync, but more often, I don’t.

So…

What is this “hash,” and why has it started to happen when it had not been happening before? More importantly, how can I stop this? I should mention that, in the end, my desire is simply to achieve a “Sync Completed Successfully” message when the process is complete.

Side note: what’s up with BB Link? Yeah, I know the consensus is that Link stinks, but really….BB Desktop Manager, which I used with my previous devices, ran at lightning speed. BB Link is so slow that I often wonder if the computer has locked up! I sure as hell hope the next revision of Link gets its act together. C’mon BlackBerry! I want you to survive and thrive!

Sorry this is so lengthy. I just wanted to be precise in my description.

Thanks for any insight you can share.

Coatesville, Pennsylvania USA
(Suburban Philadelphia)
Old 02-27-2014, 09:36 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Sync Issues (Probably Related to BB Link)

Try this link but there are many issues you can read about on the BB site also.

KB35456-BlackBerry Link fails to sync contacts to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone with error "Failed to commit changes to device."
Old 07-27-2014, 03:11 PM   #3
mrefficiency

Model: Q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

I have started to experience a very similar issue.

Did 1-way sync from Outlook to BB Q10 (OS10).
Then (just to double check if anything went wrong), without changing any data in either location, I ran a 2-way sync. Two issues:

1) Turns out the device has added a "Attachment Hash" field to EVERY entry on the device; a field that does not exist on Outlook. BLACKBERRY DEV FOLKS - please remove this field from the standard Outlook / BB device sync field list!

2) In the BB device there do not seem to be "Work1 phone" and "work2 phone", just multiple instances of "Work phone". On some entries I had a work2 phone in Outlook, and no Work1 phone. Now BB Link is muddling it up.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:45 AM   #4
KristenJule

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T Mobile

I have the same problem. The device Sync'd the FIRST time, but every time after that, I have gotten the "Sync Unsuccessful" message. So far no luck with the workarounds suggested by KB35456.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #5
tsac
BlackBerry God

PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

You may have a corrupted App or OS. Do a backup and wipe the phone. Reload the contacts and email only . If it is ok then do the Apps one at a time. If not working after a wipe then the OS may be corrupted and require a reload. Either way do a backup first.
Closed Thread