BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 08:58 AM   #1
J-Tuning
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: KPN
Default New sim card, new device, same mobile #, resulted in device email gone.

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

The following happend to me. My carriere is KPN in the Netherlands btw. I got a new BB 9700 (upgrading from my 9000) and a new sim card (why? dunno didnt have to pay for it)

Instructions were that when I received the package I will need to call KPN so they can activate my new sim card. Old BB turned off - called to activate my new sim card. sim card activated all happy. But my BIS account was deactivated.

This is what i think happend. I did not register my new BB Pin in my BIS acc. When i activated the new sim and turned on my new 9700 my emails in my BIS didnt appear. I tried loggin on to my BIS - access denied. What was wierd tho was that i could add my [email address] to my 9700 till today when i had the chance to call the tech support of my provider.

The tech registered my new BB to my Bis account. but my previous device email, [email address], can not be added to my 9700. It is not available. Not that someone else took it but it's like in limbo or registered somehow to my 9000 pin still.

Has anyone experienced this, or even know how to solve this?

The tech told me to make a new device addy, i told him "no" since i gave lots of ppl my [email address] device email.

he told me to wait a month and then try

If anyone is able to shed some light on this issue pls do

Jairo
Old 02-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

It appears that KPN might have created you an entirely new BIS account, and killed the old one. Rather, he or you should have simple opened your old BIS account and used the Change Device link to enter the new PIN and IMEI of the new device. Then, all old BIS account emails, etc., would be pushed to the new device.

All of which is a good lesson to NOT use the @yourcarrier.blackberry.net email addresses. They are too volatile and you are at the mercy of the mobile provider. Get a free GMail address or Yahoo... you move it with you regardless of mobile provider and you have storage of past mail.

Now is a good time for you to do that.

Last edited by JSanders; 02-24-2010 at 02:11 PM..
Old 02-24-2010, 02:24 PM   #3
J-Tuning
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
It appears that KPN might have created you an entirely new BIS account, and killed the old one. Rather, he or you should have simple opened your old BIS account and used the Change Device link to enter the new PIN and IMEI of the new device. Then, all old BIS account emails, etc., would be pushed to the new device.

All of which is a good lesson to NOT use the @yourcarrier.blackberry.net email addresses. They are too volatile and you are at the mercy of the mobile provider. Get a free GMail address or Yahoo... you move it with you regardless of mobile provider and you have storage of past mail.

Now is a good time for you to do that.
I was affraid of this. What do you think happend or will happen to my "old" device email

Thank you for your reply...

Jairo
Old 02-24-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Your old device email address, (actual address) or the accumulation of emails?

IF the account was removed/deleted, they both are gone. The old email address will normally be on "not available" for a term and then someone else or you can register it again.

BUT, you need to ask KPN if this is truly what they did.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
J-Tuning
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Your old device email address, (actual address) or the accumulation of emails?

IF the account was removed/deleted, they both are gone. The old email address will normally be on "not available" for a term and then someone else or you can register it again.

BUT, you need to ask KPN if this is truly what they did.
the [email address]... hhmm maybe that's why he told me to try again in a month I would have to ask if the tech made a completely new bis acc since my login remained the same as the old one.
Closed Thread