Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 09:21 AM   #1
luvmousie
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint
Default Outlook Synchronization Issues

Please Login to Remove!

I have a user that heavily relies on her Blackberry when she is out of the office, and expects that everything synchronizes and is up-to-date with Outlook when she returns. As an FYI, we just upgraded our BES server, so that is up-to-date. However, our Exchange e-mail server still needs to be upgraded, but we are using Outlook 2007 - I'm sure the client version doesn't make a difference.

Anyway, first off, contacts are not synchronizing exactly as they should be. For instance, Outlook may show 367 Contact Items, but the Blackberry has 350. Even with the latest handheld software and re-running Enterprise Activation, it's all still the same. Is this a known issue? Or what causes this?

Well, there are more issues with the synchronization of the Calendar and Tasks...but what causes all of this? Is there a resolution for getting everything to synchronize exactly as how it shows for your Exchange mailbox? To me, I'd rather start telling people that they should not rely on their Blackberry to be one of their primary means of mailbox access. These are completely different vendors, and I honestly don't feel that everything will ever be 100% functional.
Closed Thread