Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 12:51 PM   #1
Coach Lon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Post PIN Settings

Please Login to Remove!

I'm having continued troubles accepting a PIN messages from my wife's new BB 7130e Sprint phone. I can't recieve a BB Messenger Message from her as well---she can get mine with both PIN and BB Messenger with my Cingular 8100. Is there a setting I'm missing on her end or mine? Thanks all.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:31 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Have you had her BB simply reply to one of your successful messages, not a new compose? Hace her delete her BB Messenger contact for you, and then you send her a new invitation.

Can her BB successfully PIN message any other BB user?

Attempt a Pin to me from both BBs?
pin:23d64a29

Last edited by JSanders; 02-17-2007 at 01:34 PM..
Old 02-17-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
Coach Lon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Have you had her BB simply reply to one of your successful messages, not a new compose? Hace her delete her BB Messenger contact for you, and then you send her a new invitation.

Can her BB successfully PIN message any other BB user?

Attempt a Pin to me from both BBs?
pin:23d64a29
I had her try to reply to both a PIN and BBM message. They show delivery on her end, but not on mine. We tried also to have her invite me too, with the same results. I then went further to have my nephew try to PIN and BBM her from his 8100 too, with the same results. I also just had a fellow soccer dad also try, he's on Nextel BB, and had the same results. So, this is what I suggest, either her company (which is a large national advertising agency) had blocked her ability to send PIN and BBM messages, or her company plan does not provide for the service somehow within their corporate plan. All e-mails come through fine, so that may be in line with company policy, that all e-mails are public domain and subject to review. I may call her carrier to find out more on their end, and to see if they can shed some light on this.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700

When an IT Policy is used to block PIN messaging the device can still receive PIN messages. But the device does not have an option to send PIN messages. BB Messenger will not even open. It will note that it is restricted by IT policy.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-17-2007, 08:30 PM   #5
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

If you watch your BB closely when she sends it, do you get a "Decryption failure, please regenerate encryption keys" message?

it is possible for her company to set peer to peer encryption so that only messages she sends to other people on the same BES will be sucessful. If she sends one outside of the company, the recipient will get the above noted error.

Since this is a large advertising agency where it's easy to steal customers (not saying she would) then I wouldn't doubt too much that they have P2P encryption enabled on the BES to ensure that no one is sending info to another person via PIN while still allowing people to PIN message internally.

Zro
Old 02-17-2007, 11:29 PM   #6
Coach Lon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zro
If you watch your BB closely when she sends it, do you get a "Decryption failure, please regenerate encryption keys" message?

it is possible for her company to set peer to peer encryption so that only messages she sends to other people on the same BES will be sucessful. If she sends one outside of the company, the recipient will get the above noted error.

Since this is a large advertising agency where it's easy to steal customers (not saying she would) then I wouldn't doubt too much that they have P2P encryption enabled on the BES to ensure that no one is sending info to another person via PIN while still allowing people to PIN message internally.

Zro
No I don't get that message, I just see that the EDGE service is receiving the data with the arrows, and then the message never appears. I'm buying the idea that the corporate office IT department, who loaded her phone and everyone's new BB due to the new corporate contract, blocked the use of PIN to PIN and BB Messenger due to proritary issues. Intersting that they would go to that length in my view (considering BB Messenger is loaded), but no matter, we can communicate easily through good ol' e-mail. Boring, but effective.