BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 08:47 AM   #1
jetspeedz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: ATT
Exclamation Bes 4.0 Wirless , then synch with Desktop Manager now Wireless Sync options memo Gone

Please Login to Remove!

Guys im a bit confused here, im on BES 4.0 and after the upgrade i saw all the wireless synch options for memo's, task etc, then a few days ago i did a backup on my desktop and all those options of Wireless sync are gone like im back on BES 3.6??

I checked my profile and its pointing to the correct exchange server? who else would i do a backup without losing the BES 4.0 wireless options, i guess not be connected to the enterprise network while i do these backups? seems like there must be an easier way...
Old 11-07-2006, 08:57 AM   #2
jetspeedz
CrackBerry Addict

also like to note that after hooking up my bb to do the backup the desktop manager did the synching and i still have email and calendar working fine just the tasks, memo, address book, etc not being able to do wireless!

hope that clears things up.. thanks
Old 11-07-2006, 09:04 AM   #3
jetspeedz
CrackBerry Addict

i found this post and it makes sense... can someone confirm this!

So what version of the Desktop manager will recognize its wireless?

""Use the Backup option in Desktop Manager to do a Backup. That will not "break" wireless synchronization. Just don't use the Synchronize for your PIM apps.

I think the new version of Desktop Manager will now recognize if your BB is set to synch wirelessly and prevent you from snyching via the USB cable.

Knocka""
Closed Thread