Old 07-05-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
iLukeBerry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: /dev/null
Carrier: SiMOBIL
Exclamation BlackBerry browser working without BlackBerry Data plan

Please Login to Remove!

I don't know how this works but with my carrier SIMOBIL just works!

I bought new unlocked BlackBerry from some guy who bought it from MOBITEL carrier. MOBITEL doesn't lock it's phones.

Anywany. I'm using SIMOBIL sim card in my BlackBerry 8300 and i can access internet with BB Browser. First it connects to live.simobil.si from there i can access any website i want. MMS messages also work.

AND I DON'T HAVE BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN i have generic data plan

I also have Service book enteries for WAP BrowserConfig, WAP Transport, MMS Config and Wap Push Config. But i can't access internet from SIMOBIL's APN which is internet.simobil.si

- SIMOBIL is carrier from Slovenia (EU)
- MOBITEL is also carrier from Slovenia
Old 07-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Congrats I guess.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 09-10-2008, 02:00 AM   #3
eyecon82
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLukeBerry View Post
I don't know how this works but with my carrier SIMOBIL just works!

I bought new unlocked BlackBerry from some guy who bought it from MOBITEL carrier. MOBITEL doesn't lock it's phones.

Anywany. I'm using SIMOBIL sim card in my BlackBerry 8300 and i can access internet with BB Browser. First it connects to live.simobil.si from there i can access any website i want. MMS messages also work.

AND I DON'T HAVE BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN i have generic data plan

I also have Service book enteries for WAP BrowserConfig, WAP Transport, MMS Config and Wap Push Config. But i can't access internet from SIMOBIL's APN which is internet.simobil.si

- SIMOBIL is carrier from Slovenia (EU)
- MOBITEL is also carrier from Slovenia
the reason it works for you is because you have the service book

it has been a long known fact that to pay for 1 month of blackberry service to ensure all the service books are installed and then to back them up....then cancel service and then you can still use the blackberry apps....although you must have some type of data plan so you don't incure charges
Old 09-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
sidmishra

Model: 8300
Carrier: Airtel
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post

it has been a long known fact that to pay for 1 month of blackberry service to ensure all the service books are installed and then to back them up....then cancel service and then you can still use the blackberry apps....although you must have some type of data plan so you don't incure charges
Can you detail out what you've said ? I've got a similar situation where I'm using an unlocked Blackberry Curve 8300, and I've got all the service book for Wap browser etc installed when I put my regular plan SIM in it .. but I'm still not able to access the internet .. from Opera mini or the BB Browser ..

whereas from any other phone (Nokia) I was able to access internet .. so I guess just having a service book is not sufficient (?) .. can you help me get internet access ?

I'm using it with Airtel in India ..
Old 09-11-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
sidmishra

Model: 8300
Carrier: Airtel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post

Can you detail out what you've said ? I've got a similar situation where I'm using an unlocked Blackberry Curve 8300, and I've got all the service book for Wap browser etc installed when I put my regular plan SIM in it .. but I'm still not able to access the internet .. from Opera mini or the BB Browser ..

whereas from any other phone (Nokia) I was able to access internet .. so I guess just having a service book is not sufficient (?) .. can you help me get internet access ?

I'm using it with Airtel in India ..
Closed Thread