Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:13 AM   #1
tmagnuson

Model: 8700G
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Sync personal folders

Please Login to Remove!

Is there a way to have my user's sync their personal folders wirelessly without having to do a desktop replication first? We're using a notes/domino environment. We don't want the desktop manager on user's pc's, so wired replication is kinda out of the question.

Thanks in advance,
Tim
(sorry if this is wrong forum)
Old 08-16-2007, 10:36 AM   #2
tmagnuson

ok so let me update this question. The folders DO in fact replicate over to the device, as long as those folders are created within notes, however, if a user has a mail rule setup with incoming email to be redirected to those folders and not sit in the inbox, the device doesn't pick those messages up. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
tim
Old 08-16-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
hayabusa
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Cingular

This is how Blackberry works. If a user has a re-direction rule setup to take inbound to a personal folder then the Blackberry doesnt know where that mail went there is no way around this that I know of.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:09 AM   #4
tmagnuson

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa View Post
This is how Blackberry works. If a user has a re-direction rule setup to take inbound to a personal folder then the Blackberry doesnt know where that mail went there is no way around this that I know of.
I found in the BES where I can choose folders for redirection for any specific user, however, when I setup a mail rule for myself for mail from a specific user to go into a personal folder. When the user sent me an email, the bb still didn't show the message, even though the BES recognizes that folder is allowed to replicate. <sigh> i'll keep messing with it, anyone else has any suggestions, im all ears.

Thx,
tim
Old 08-16-2007, 12:14 PM   #5
Andi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

What OS are you using? I found (with my 8800 and on an 8700 I upgraded) OS 4.2xxx that you have to change Hide filed messages to no because the email sent to another folder is techincally "filed". On the 8800 I would see them when they first came in but they would vanish until I changed to show filed messages
Old 08-16-2007, 01:00 PM   #6
tmagnuson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
What OS are you using? I found (with my 8800 and on an 8700 I upgraded) OS 4.2xxx that you have to change Hide filed messages to no because the email sent to another folder is techincally "filed". On the 8800 I would see them when they first came in but they would vanish until I changed to show filed messages

On the BB it's using v4.1.0.346 ?? sound right? In my message options, I have hide filed messages to "No" still can't see them. weird stuff..I'll keep trying or if you have any other suggestions let me know.

Thx,
Tim
Old 08-16-2007, 03:34 PM   #7
tmagnuson

another update:

I updated the bb OS to the latest version(4.2.1.91), wiped the device and reactivated. Since the folder redirection was already selected within bes, my messages are now redirected appropriately, and replicated to my bb. However, if i create a new personal folder, create a new mail rule for another user, and select that folder within BES for redirection, and have that user email me, the message doesn't appear on my device. So basically folders being selected for replication have to be made BEFORE activation occurs, if you make any changes afterwards, they aren't successful in replicating. Make sense to anyone? Is there a fix for this?

Last edited by tmagnuson; 08-16-2007 at 03:35 PM..
Old 08-16-2007, 04:14 PM   #8
Andi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

Did you try to reset the device after you added the folders - seems to fix anything else!! I don't know Notes so I'm not sure why they wouldn't add.... In Exchange I never had to re-activate to add any subfolders off the inbox.
Closed Thread