View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 10:06 AM   #19
rickylix

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile

this is a very interesting thread to me. As I have Tmo and have had to deal with them on 2 occasions. Also, I am a Repair Supervisor for a rather large CLEC telecommunications company.
First, I am in Florida and there is no law to state if someone asks for a sup, they have to be transferred. If that was the case, I would change my position to manager and call my reps supervisors. Typically, when a customer wants a supervisor it is for a chronic issue or they are just upset and frustrated and feel supervisor can "solve all the problems"..many times this is true and most cases, it is not.
Mack67 brings up some awesome points! and this is bascially how we work as well;
"My call center worked on two principals. Get them off the phone quickly with a ticket logging the call and secondly do not cuss."
Every call is recorded as well..
Anyway, with T-mobile, twice I have run circles around the techs. First, i basically had to prove to them that the first phone i received had a hardware problem. At the end of that conversation, he said I should work for TMO because I said things that even he wouldnt have tried to correct the issue. Second, I had a static/echo issue..after repeated calls and tries by the techs, the final result was "send back your phone and we will replace it"..well, i tried a few more things and found my wired headset microphone was having issues..plugged my bluetooth in and no more static/echo..
They dont think outside the box at all and that does worry me. Afaik, every phone company has what is called "churn"..and small residential/1 line customers only mean so much to the "big boys" and wont affect the churn percentage. I can attest to this as, with TMO and Sprint..when my contracts ran out, they could care less about giving me anything to stay with their respective businesses. So if your issue gets fixed..consider yourself very lucky..
Offline   Reply With Quote