Old 11-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #51
swimmer_09

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
Thanks to all that have posted here.

Before I actually try removing this square copper film I just want to clarify something.

Are we talking about the actualy PHYSICAL CLICK that the trackball does when you press it "in"? Or are we just talking about the ability for the trackcall to execute the "select" command when pressing it "in".

In my case (Pearl) the PHYSICAL CLICK is missing. I can still "select" by pressing "in" on the ball, but that physical click isn't there anymore.

To be clear I'm talking about something that is non-electronic. That is to say that even if the power is off and the battery is out, every trackball should still have that physical "click" when you press it in. It's a phycial "spring" felling or something that physically pushed the track ball back up once depressed. This is what I'm talking about.

So will the removal and cleaning of this square copper film repair that physical resistance that you should get when you press the trackball down? Or is this just to fix the inability of the trackball to "select" whatever is on the screen at the time?

I'm interested in how to fix the physical click...that is now missing from my Pearl.
My Pearl wasn't making the physical 'click' and even though it may seem that there should be a 'spring' feeling there actually isn't one. All it takes to fix it is taking that clear tape piece off, cleaning it and the contact under it with a little rubbing alcohol, and the physical 'click' returns!
Offline   Reply With Quote