View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #45
fjuliadi

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Smile

[QUOTE=Raptor464;1330107]This is the correct procedure to follow if your trackball click function is lost. I have performed it quite a few times on multiple berry's and have had success every time. What happens sometimes is moisture can get into the contact's housing which causes some corrosion. By prying up the tape slightly exposing the contact, you can clean the corrosion with a small blade. What I have had the most trouble with is with the resetting of the contact into the housing. It can take multiple tries to get the contact to sit it the perfect position so that the edges make contact with the side contacts and the center of the button is able to touch the center contact upon depression. Be very careful when cleaning the contact itself with alcohol because if you do not allow enough time for the alcohol to dry, your contact will again become corroded and not function correctly. I would love to post a step by step instruction on this procedure but I do not have a high resolution camera to take pictures.

EDIT: I have found a nice guide by member CrackBerryHead that details the procedure:

Thanks Raptor464, the pdf file you posted, it is a good guide.....!
It helps me fix the clicking problem that I have.

Thanks again and appreciate all you guys did in this forum...it really helps a lot.
Offline   Reply With Quote