View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 08:39 PM   #2
jhaedin_brennyn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkatwilder24 View Post
Liking it so far. It is not quite as solid feeling as my old 8800 (which is now pretty much a paperweight...don't ask), but I do like the slightly slimmer profile which fits better in my girl hands and in a pants pocket. The speaker definitely seems a little more clear and loud. I like the grey/chrome color which is much easier to see when sitting at the bottom of a purse. I do think the keypad on the 8800 is better though. I liked the raised keys.

Had no problem hooking up to my wifi router at home (netgear g) and the calls were super loud and clear...much clearer than the Tmobile voice connection from my house. Now if my workplace would put up a wifi network! My office is right above the data center so it's like trying to make a call sitting right on top of an em field.

I did notice a tiny bit of a slow down in my internet and TIVO....but I was running the phone, TIVO, and internet on my laptop all at the same time. Considering that and the fact that it was raining, it wasn't really that noticeable. My router is also one of the first "g" models from netgear so maybe the newer models handle the multiple services a little better.

I also got the promotional price from Tmo which is $9.99 a month for as long as you have the service. Since I have an 1000 minute plan already it is not really giving any savings but the low price was to good to pass up...half of what it will be in the future. I figure maybe I'll find some other uses for this along the way.

Questions for everyone else....how are you using your wifi?
that was my general question also what is the wifi for if you dont have hot spots at home but you have a router then what?

The dymond Mama
Offline   Reply With Quote