View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 04:26 AM   #1
tonejarvis

Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodafone UK
Default BDM Crashing PROBLEM SOLVED

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Guys, I've spent a fair bit of time on these boards and the Internet looking for a solution to the problem that seems to plague a lot of people. Therefore I'm going to tell you how to fix it for good.

OK so I've got Windows XP, Service Pack 1. I was using Blackberry Desktop Manager 3.7 which worked OK. After a rebuilt my laptop I installed BDM 4.0. It sort of worked but then crashed after it worked just once. Nothing I could do would make it work. I then upgraded my XP to SP2. That did nothing for BDM.

So the problem I was having was that it would start the sync but whenever it got to contact or tasks it would crash.

So after several attempts to un-install/re-install BDM, hacking the registery and so on and hours of searching around I found that loads of people had the same problem. After searching through these boards I found lots of suggestions but nothing really worked.

So I took a risk on an age old problem with Outlook - that being corrupt profiles.

So here's the fix.

Create a new outlook profile and then setup your details again. When you start Outlook you'll have to tweak a few things again but it won't take long. Then DELETE YOUR OLD PROFILE!!!!! Once done start BDM and tell it to Synch. It will complain about the profile being missing but you'll be able to change the settings to your new profile and hey presto! you should be synching like a dream.

This worked for me and I was having the same errors as most of you guys so give it a go. You don't lose any data.

Good luck.