View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 11:44 PM   #10
bgs999

Model: ?
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakinvibe View Post
Can you check through the system event log after the startup errors. What services are starting after the ID 7000 errors?
Two services start after the id 7000 errors: 'Network Location Awareness' and (sometimes) 'Network Connections' service. Both these seem to come back to 'Netman' (I think? C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs) so I made all the blackberry services also dependant on the Netman service but it made no difference...

Quote:
Does the Attachment service start? It is the only service that is not started as the BESAdmin user.
Yes - the attachment service does start.

Quote:
Can you also look in the security event log to find out why the logon errors happen.
This log shows only successful logons for besadmin at the times the services fail to start!! In fact there are no logon errors in the security event log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetIT View Post
I had similar problems that eventually went away but I wrote a batch script to restart said services....
I will look at using this batch file - thanks. If I put it in the startup folder then at least the services will get started once someone logs the machine on.

AND - I should have seen this earlier in the system event log.
Immediately after the eventlog starts is a netlogon error:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: NETLOGON
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5719
Description:
This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller in domain MyDomain due to the following:
There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
This may lead to authentication problems. Make sure that this computer is connected to the network...

However, I can run nltest.exe from this machine and it verifies a secure channel to the domain. This is of course after the machine has been logged on - I'm not sure what to do about it happening immediately at startup?

Thanks for all your help. Still open to further suggestions as the above may indicate something to someone?

Regards,
Bryce Stenberg.
Offline   Reply With Quote