View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #212
touritalo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default Re: Will you move away from BlackBerry?

I really cannot believe that the BlackBerry platform is just going to disappear! I am in London and every single day I see more BlackBerries (particularly the Curve 8520) around than any other phone.

This is just a one person view but I wouldn't say I see more iPhones or Android devices to be honest. I see loads of people with the Torch and I know many who jumped over from the iPhone!

I know that is just a simple view but it's my opinion of what I see a lot.

I think if RIM could improve the quality (not going to pretend otherwise, but some of the BB's aren't really up to scratch. I blame poor QC) and still keep a competative price, they would still have a strong position in the market. I think eventually the iPhone will struggle to grow anymore as firstly - £510 for a phone? Is there anyone who actually thinks that represents value for money...? And secondly, £35 a month contract and I have to pay for the handset?! No way!

Android will always be bigger in market share as you can get a cheapo Android phone now and as there is just so many - it is always going to be the winner. But what I think RIM should aim for is aggressive marketing and a price war to undercut Apple to overtake the share they have.

Keep the phones coming RIM!
Offline   Reply With Quote