Old 10-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #5
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurichan View Post
DubDub - you really need to read more carefully before dashing off a reply. I didn't ask if I have control over which BIS version I'm using - I asked how to figure out what version is in use.

Once again, I didn't ask for a list of features and changes which is readily available all over, rather, how the new Google Sync functionality in BIS 2.8 is used. This is not a subject that has been covered on the board, but rather, will now be covered as 2.8 rolls out.

Search first is a great motto, but READ FIRST is even better.

I read the post and I responded with what I thought was the appropriate information.

If you had used the search function you would have answered your question on Google sync.

The reason I said you have no control is that if you are on it, you are and if you aren't you aren't. Some carriers will tell you which you are on, others will not.

According to various postings and info from RIM the event has occurred and you are on 2.8. And those new features have been discussed here in the Forums. How and if they work is another issue that we will now begin to discover.

Using Google SEARCH, you would find this.

BIS 2.8 has landed in North America : Boy Genius Report

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!

Last edited by Dubdub; 10-03-2009 at 11:00 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote