Old 04-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #9
scotth
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Playbook & LEAP authentication

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbltap View Post
Has anyone tried using a LEAP profile that is working on a Torch... then Bridge to get profiles across... and THEN see if you can access wifi via LEAP? I saw my profile come across. But I haven't been to an office where I could test it yet.
When you bridge your BB to the PB - yes - it pulls the wifi profiles from the BB. Then if you go in to the WiFi section on your PB - and in the selection box next to "Select a network" and choose "Saved Networks" then you can see the ones it pulled from your BB. If you click on your corporate one - you will see the LEAP authentication portion, choose your CA Certificate, etc. You can also enter HTTP proxy information.

Here is the fascinating thing... If you enter the proxy information (which I assume most corporate networks require) - your bridged applications no longer work!! I can not connect to email, calendar, contacts, etc. That doesn't make any sense. Apparently - the "Messages" bridged application is really just a web browser that pulls that data from your BB?

According to our proxy error page - it is trying to get to http://127.0.0.2:187/messages

Wow.

Last edited by scotth; 04-25-2011 at 12:39 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote