Old 11-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #17
TXLady
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie-kgb View Post
Kev,

I've had exactly the same problems with my 8520. Not only does the mobile web run really slow, I've been getting poor call quality, it's very frustrating. I'm assuming that this is also caused by the GPRS network. I rang T-mobile and asked to be switched to 3G but they said that this network is not available on my phone and that it's BlackBerrys fault.

The services I'm paying for are not working so it's only fair that we are entitled to return our phones without penalty. They should not be selling products that don't work! Surely we have some sort of consumer rights!

I'm going to call again and if the problem is not sorted soon i'm cancelling my direct debit!
You have the trial period to make sure the phone works. It is up to you to test it and ensure the phone works before the trial period expires.

If you get a phone that is not 3G capable, then there is no way to make it so. Again, one of those things that need to be checked BEFORE you buy.

Cancel your direct debit. Be prepared to pay the ETF if you purchased a subsidized phone.