View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 08:40 AM   #29
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzykadoo View Post
BB support (esp. AT&T) blows...think about it, the 8900 Curve still only has OS 4.7 support from AT&T officially...and RIM has released OS 6.0...this makes NO sense to me. Why do different operators have different OS's (yes, I know the 'stack' needs to be different depending on GSM (EDGE/3G) vs. CDMA but this is ridiculous.

Currently srongly leaning towards iPhone (large number of apps available) but friends/colleagues are pushing me towards Android...expect to make a decision soon.

Fritz
You most likely have never talked directly to RIM support. You most likely talked to AT&T's technical support. RIM's support is actually pretty good. I speak with them on a pretty frequent basis.

RIM sends all of the carriers the OS, it is up to the carrier to release it or not. Your issue is not with RIM, but with AT&T.

Also, you can generally get A LOT more information on how to correct an issue, hardware or software (regardless of OS version, or which carrier released it as you can load the OS from another carrier on your 8900) on this forum than you would if you called your carrier support desk.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline   Reply With Quote