View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 06:43 PM   #14
Bobb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: Can Anyone Point Me to Outlook.com Info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Once you have an Outlook account on your BlackBerry the syncing of events should be automatic and over the air. Type an event into your calendar on your pc and it will arrive on your BlackBerry seconds (or minutes in some cases) automatically. And it should work both ways: pc --> BlackBerry and BlackBerry --> pc.
I'm making progress, but I have one VERY important question:

I installed "Outlook Connector" within Outlook on my computer. Then I opened an account on outlook.com, using a microsoft.com account that I believe I created a long time ago but never accessed until now. Surprisingly, the calendar on outlook.com did populate with the data that's in my Outlook calendar on my computer! No contacts were imported to Outlook.com, HOWEVER, I find over 300 people in my outlook.com "people" section! I have no clue as to how they got in there, but let's not dwell on that. What I'd like to do is close that Outlook.com account and wipe everything out. I'll then create a new account and proceed. I just need to know one thing (and it's a HUGE thing!):

When I close my account on Outlook.com, will that affect the contacts and calendar that are in Outlook on my computer? I know it seems silly to ask that, as I'm assuming that deleting my Outlook.com account will have no effect on the data in my Outlook application on my computer...BUT I MUST STILL BE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN THAT THIS IS THE CASE!

Better to ask a stupid question and feel stupid BUT still have my data on my computer intact!

Thanks for your advice.

Coatesville, Pennsylvania USA
(Suburban Philadelphia)
Offline   Reply With Quote