Old 04-28-2007, 05:39 PM   #6
sslbun
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark View Post
Where are you located? I noticed you also switched carriers from VZW to Cingular/AT&T. How do the networks compare? I am also thinking of switching from VZW to either Cingular or T-Mobile, primarily because of the available devices. However, I believe in Mass. the networks are pretty similar.
I'm in Manhattan. Overall, I've found Cingular to have better coverage. I live downtown, but spend a lot of time on the upper west side. My VZW acct would drop a lot of calls on the upper west side. Don't know if this means anything to you.

But the main reason I switched is because I don't really like VZW's attitude towards customers. Just one example: both my wife's phone and mine with Verizon had file transfer disabled so that you had to pay to get additional media on your phone. That made me mad enough to hack both phones (razr and XV6700) to enable the file transfer. My phone also had tethering disabled, so again, I had to fix it. Also, I like the ability to swap sim cards, which I can't do with Verizon. Helps when traveling overseas.