View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #5
k8simpson

Model: 9700?
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone

hrbuckley - thank you! so it *is* possible to do it. just not every wifi spot. good to know thx.
had never noticed the colour of the wifi logo before - it is grey.

wi-fi diagnostics is just a whole page of labels and messages that i don't understand (and that's even before i view the Advanced list)
not knowing what a 'proper' wifi connection looks like it's difficult to know what message it's giving:
in wi-fi all the fields are filled in (Security Type, Local IP Address, Signal Level, etc, and the Status says "Network Acquired")
in VPN all the fields are blank and it says VPN profile not found
in Blackberry Infrastructure the 'connecting' radio button has a red cross through it and the Authenticating router/server radio buttons are blank.

i dunno - is there anything with flashing lights that i should be looking for here?? I emailed myself the diagnostic report but it's not like it says: "Hey, you need to do [x] and all will be well in your life" (sadly).

Thanks dankarlinski - the vodafone guy suggested pulling out the SIM card altogether to force it to use the wifi but i can get nada with the mobile connections turned off. i guess it might work if, as above, the wifi logo was "white" instead though??

any suggestions out there please?!
Offline   Reply With Quote