Old 02-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
frankdoylezw

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default Google Sync: Only an "Unknown" Calendar on Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

Hello

I have been trying to get Google Sync working on my Pearl device. Here is my problem:

* I can sync from Google calendar to the phone - the events fill the Blackberry calendar fine. BUT - if I create an event on the phone, I cannot sync this to Google calendar.

SO: I thought I might be using the wrong calendar. I checked the calendar entries (Calendar>MENU>Options>Calendars=UNKNOWN). Unknown is the only calendar listed.

The very first events I entered seemed to be from this UNKNOWN calendar in a purple colour. These synced. However, after syncing, every time I created a further event the only calendar I could create this in/ send from was the gmail.com calendar associated with my gmail account (blue colour). Because I could not longer create events in the UNKNOWN account, they no longer would sync.

So, now I am in the position where I can create events on the Blackberry (using the blue coloured gmail calendar) but they won't sync. They won't sync because I can't create them in the UNKNOWN calendar (purple) that appears to be the only sync calendar - I can only use the gmail calendar and this does not sync.

Sorry for the long post, but can anybody help me use just one calendar and have this sync? I have tried and failed to remove the UNKNOWN calendar (deleting cical service books). I have also wiped the calendar from Desktop Manager and tried top start again but it is the same scenario every time. I can sync the first few events from the UNKNOWN calendar but after that it reverts to the gmail calendar.
Offline   Reply With Quote