Old 05-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default BOLD no data olan, but internet via wifi isn't working

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, here's the details.

My cousin has an AT&T bold. Had it for like 4 months. Bought it without the data plan (he's running the original AT&T OS). Since he works from home he figured forget the data plan. So he was using the web via wifi, with no problems at all.

Later down the line, he decieded to add the blackberry plan, for like 3 weeks. Then got ride of the plan when he decided, he doesn't need to be paying for it.

Since then, his internet browser via wifi does not work anymore. It will connect sporadically, like normally the first attempt, after that, it gets the message "unable to connect to server" or some message of that sort.

here's what I tried.

Made sure the "hotspot browser" was the default.
Loaded him on .266 software
Wiped the device.
Removed the service books completely.
Loaded on a different set of service books via DM.
Of course, re-added his wifi network.
Cleared out is APN settings (removed the user and password).
Tried using the device without the SIM.

Nothing improved the situation.

Now, I just add, the wifi box under manage connections doesn't have a green check, just a line over it. Also should add the wifi icon is greyed out, which i heard is normal cause it will only be bold if it is connected to the blackberry network.

So what am I missing? Is AT&T blocking the hotspot browser? That's what it feels like considering it normally connects the first attempt, after that, nothing!
Offline   Reply With Quote