View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 12:06 AM   #11
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Inphektion, what handhelds are your users using for the WAV files? I believe that the Cingular OS that was issued with the 8700c did not have the ability to open WAV files. I do not think any handhelds other than the 8700c, 7130e and 7100i are capable of opening WAV files, either (ugh!). You may want to try to upgrade one of the handhelds' OS to one of the latest versions from one of the Asian or European carriers (Bharti, etc), if you have an 8700 to test with.

I'm about to do the upgrade now, so I'll write a reply here shortly. For the most part, aside from installing MDAC 2.8 and the hotfix on the SQL server, there have been little to no issues. I'm not really excited about having to install MSMQ, but whatever - it doesn't require installation media or a reboot, for those that have never installed it.

* Edit: LCS was an option for me on my installation, as was GroupWise and Sametime. Just FYI.

Last edited by jibi; 03-09-2006 at 12:11 AM..