Old 12-08-2008, 11:13 AM   #11
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Len View Post
Just started using PI in my BB Curve and I've had nothing but problems mainly around the sync function. I have a large-ish calendar which goes back about 7 years & contains around 4300 entries. The BB Calendar copes OK with that but when I installed PI (which syncs with the BB calendar) it just can't seem to cope with the database. It runs slow and eventually locks up. I tried splitting the Calendar which did improve performance but then discovered that any changes I made in PI didnt copy over to BB. I've had a lot of experience with syncing with portable devices and also using PI. I would urge caution to anyone concidering using this version of PI. Despite the claims of WebIS I don't think the software is stable enough yet.
...or you could just have too much data for the app to handle. 7 years of past data will slow it down because it syncs to its own databases, which may not be optimized for that kind of load yet. If interested, get with Alex Kac at webis.net about that and he would take care of it for you. I have a similiar issue and so the more of us that complain the better!