Old 08-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #5
sepandee

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Fido
Default Re: Some phone #s not syncing

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
What is the "Address Book" and what are you doing to "transfer" the data to the BlackBerry? For example, are you trying to sync Outlook address book with the BlackBerry using the BlackBerry Desktop Software (aka Desktop Manager)? Or are you tring to sync Google data with the BlackBerry? What?

The solution will likely depend on the specific details.

Until then, is there anything about the format of the phone numbers that don't transfer that is different? Anything that is different about the record for those contacts, such as the field in which the numbers are stored? Any error message? I'm wondering if there is something different about those numbers, or the record, that the protocol or the BlackBerry can't deal with. It would be nice if there is an error message.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Address Book is the mac program for storing contacts. When I sync my blackberry with my macbook I do it through BlackBerry Desktop Software, and the contacts that I have on my computer are stored in and viewable through Address Book.

Unfortunately, there seems to be no pattern in the empty contacts, none that I can figure out at least. I went through a dozen of them and didn't see anything. At first I thought that phone numbers in the format of +1 (xxx) xxx-xxxx were the ones that would show up empty on my phone, but that wasn't true.

And no error messages.
Offline   Reply With Quote