View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #20
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

I applied to Guiness Book of World Records to see if I could apply for the record.

I got a response back from them. Apparently, Guiness only allows texting world records to be made for one-thumb thumb typing, which is kind of archaic in the modern age of QWERTY cellphones (including iPhone's touchscreen keyboards too, which is designed to be typed on by two thumbs.

If Guiness even records obscure records such as "Lowest rated superhero video game" (Guiness Book Gamer's Edition 2009), they ought to have some room for a new record category "World's fastest two-thumb typing"! I tried to apply for a new record category to be created, but they declined the application.

So... Guiness denied the record category -- meaning nobody in the world can apply for world's fastest two-thumb thumb typing, it has to be one-thumb.

Just a heads up to any others considering of applying (for any smartphone, not just BlackBerry). Some big pull (RIM) is needed to convince them that this is a viable new record category, with the recent explosion of QWERTY smartphones. If one of you manage to convince Guiness otherwise, please let me know -- I'm easily googled.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source

Last edited by Mark Rejhon; 06-01-2009 at 06:53 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote