Old 11-10-2010, 02:48 AM   #1
Wilmslow
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Default LCD screen problems with a BRAND new Curve

Please Login to Remove!

Screen is flickering in the top corner, there is clearly a problem with the LCD display. Guy in store (Phones 4 U) was VERY blocking, saying to HO that there is no problem at all. HO say as it is a cosmetic problem, that they cannot send this back to Blackberry.

I am worried that the screen will pack out completely, so not enjoying my new phone.

Got a replacement screen on order (£18 new). Blackberry are not customer talking, so there is no way I can get the 12 month warranty invoked given the shops refusal to swap the phones or send off for a new screen.

I have the correct hex tool and plastic tool – is swapping the screen as straightforward as the instructional video on youtube etc suggests, or, is this a really bad move?

I guess I could just keep the screen until warranty expires or screen craps out completely as for the sake of a £18 screen, is it really worth the hassle of Trading Standards etc? I don’t think so. Hate crap phone shops winning, but, wasted 2 hours there yesterday, am not going back there again!
Offline   Reply With Quote