Old 02-18-2009, 06:22 AM   #215
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius J. Belmont View Post
Fantastic quote, Mriff. It's amazing to me how people who don't believe in evolution still tend to have a full medicine cabinet of science-based medicines. It's like that scene in Life of Bryan...What did the Romans ever do for us, besides the roads, the aquaducts, the roads, the wine, the medicine, the irrigation, public safety...what did science ever do for us, anyway?

Anyway, it seems a moot point. There are way too many creation stories to teach them all, buffet-style. Just teach what science backs up and leave individual religion-customised teaching to the parents, where it should be. If your kids are learning their beliefs strictly from school, you're probably doing the parenting thing wrong anyway.
I never said I didnt believe in science. I believe science is just discovering what God has allowed them to discover. I have met many Christian Surgeons that always pray that God guide thier hands as they open the patient up. Most of my fathers doctors were Christian doctors. They also said when they couldnt do any more that it was in Gods hands now.
Offline   Reply With Quote