Drillbit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: IT&E

Quote:
Originally Posted by datl View Post
More thing : Perfect display.
I'm wondering how my BB screen so beautiful with only 65000 colors. Everything appear on BB Screen look very lively, crystal clear than almost other phones. That's why I love my BB so much.
Because you got high resolution packed into a small screen. By dividing screen size with resolution, you got an idea of the pixel density. The difference between 65K color and 16.7 million colors isn't that much telling on a small display, but the difference between a 320x240 vs. 480x360 pixels on a 2.8 screen can be very telling.

I got an HTC Touch Diamond, which packs 640x480 pixels on a 2.8" display. Compare that to Apple's 480x320 pixels on a 3.5" display, and the Diamond's display comes out looking much sharper and more brilliant despite having 65K colors vs. 16.7 million on the Apple's.

All the recent BB phones, the Storm, the Bold, the 8900, the Pearl Flip, all have very high pixel densities that led to some of the most brilliant screens I've seen. They certainly make Nokias, LGs and Samsungs on the same shelf look dull. Only the recent HTCs like the Diamonds and Touch Pros are the ones that can match the brilliance and sharpness.

Last edited by Drillbit; 04-05-2009 at 05:41 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote