Old 05-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
Patarix

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default International Calls from Address book: PROBLEM

Please Login to Remove!

Hello!!

This is my first post here... I'm Alessandro, from Panama (Republic of Panama) and I stitched from Treo 680 to a Blackberry 8320 just 2 weeks ago. I'm loving my blackberry!!

However, I'm experiencing a little problem when dialing from my address book... Non-mobile phone numbers in Italy, all begin with a 0 (zero). And that's of course the way I have memorized all of my numbers, of course... Today I tried dailing for the first time to numbers in Italy, and magically I always ended up with the same answer from a recorder: "The number does not exist!"

After trying to figure out the reason, I discovered the following: say that you have a phone memorized as +39 0575 300210, when you recall and dial that number from the address book, the first 0 (zero) after the country code, gets automaticly eliminated! The telephone just dials as +39 575 300210, and that of course results in an non existent number...

This happens also when dialing manually, the first 0 after the country code just gets cut out.

I then tried switching the country code to 0039, (dialed as 0039 0575 300210), and this time the call did go through... Is there a solution to the problem or do I really need to change all of my Italian contacts (over 400...)?? Is there some setting I should change in order to avoid such problem?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Saludos,
Alessandro
Offline   Reply With Quote