View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted

As I reacall, if you begin with a booted blackberry and let the battery run down, the battery level indicator will turn yellow first when remaining battery life is getting very low, and then red.

When you begin with an unbooted blackberry with a battery that is too low for the device to power on and you connect to a charger (either USB or wall charger) the display will come on with the battery error symbol. But doing alt-caps-del or removing and replacing the battery will not boot the device initially, and not until the battery has taken on some threshold charge. I have no idea how many amps are deing drawn at that point versus later on as as the battery is charging.

You can't see the battery remaing charge indicator until you are able to boot the device. I would be surprised if the color of the icon reflects anything other than the remainging charge on the battery. If anything, I would expect the number of amps drawn to be max at that point and then drop to a trickle when the battery approaches full charge level.

Last edited by aiharkness; 06-27-2010 at 09:58 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote