View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 02:24 PM   #16
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: No Discussion Of BlackBerry Priv Slider? What's Happened To BBF?!?

If you haven't read Losing The Signal please do so. Leadership failed years ago and led to all of this. Storm, Playbook, Two CEOs. Failures. Thorsten and the Zeds were not the answer. Now no one likes anything Chen is (or isn't) doing. I sat next to the (then RIM) Chief Marketing Officer when the Z10 was released. He was so excited about going to the Super Bowl. No clue what that guy did.

Since BB10 was introduced no one - NO ONE - has been able to articulate to the business or consumer markets what differentiates BlackBerry. Hub, Peek, Flow, QNX, blah blah blah don't do it. "More productive" is a myth. App gap became an issue. Security is a real plus, but no one cares.

That's the bottom line: no one cares. BlackBerry is irrelevant. I am sure than an Android BlackBerry will be very nice, but when you are down to 1% market share, it will take a miracle.

So what will Prem Watsa do? As a major shareholder and with significant influence on the Board, I am sure he rues the day he was convinced by his friend Mike L. to invest. What is his next step? Can't sell the company; worth less than what he bought in for. Market share has collapsed (although I do expect the Privy to boost sales).

Business school case study of how to lose first mover advantage, dominant market share and customer loyalty.

Last edited by NJBlackBerry; 11-01-2015 at 04:01 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote