View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 12:26 AM   #16
jDMJeRk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I read through some of the replies but I too went from a 9000 to a Torch and I love it. I hate with a passion touch screen anything these days but the technology isn't that bad. I still use the keypad as much as possible (obviously I'm used too using that) but even after a few hours you start to combined the two and actually are able to navigate more quickly.

I was told that the sim cards are in the new torch actually are faster (internet wise) that the old 3G sims and I needed a new one- can anyone verify this?

My local AT&T was also nice enough to discount the phone an additional $50 and threw in a free case of my choice. I walked out of there with a new 2 year agreement, a free case for about $175 after tax.

So far, the phone passes the gym test- I actually ran the phone dead doing cardio tonight. Made a few calls, did tons of texting, BBM'ing and emailing, and not one complaint.

As for a case, the free one sucks but I have an extra 9000 case that looks like people are saying works pretty well so I'll give that a shot later.

I'm looking forward to mess around with it more tonight

I'd recommend it over the 9700 if your open to new ideas. If your still closed minded on the touch screen idea then don't bother :D

/end of rant

Nick
Offline   Reply With Quote