Old 07-06-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
garthfan0523
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: Desktop Manager 6.0.1.18 and Applications

Hi! Thanks for the reply.

I had to downgrade to my old 8320 after losing my HD2 a couple months ago and the first thing I did when I took it out of the drawer was check the web for all the updates I knew would be out there. As a result, I ended up downloading the latest version of DM.

What I remember from the old version of DM that I was running over a year ago is that, under the Applications screen, it showed a vertical, almost Microsoft Explorer-like, list of ALL applications - pre-installed parent bundles with the child apps beneath and all third-party apps. Each app had a checkbox next to it that allowed you to select or de-select an app for installation or deletion as needed.

On this current version of DM, when I click on Applications and it populates the list from the device, all I see are the third-party apps and that's it. I don't see the Core Applications, BrickBreaker, YahooIM, BBM, etc, that I used to see on the old version.

Also, after further investigation, it appears that the MySpace icon that I used as an example is, as you suggested, just a download link. Any way to eliminate those other than just hiding them? Either way, I'd still like to figure out the DM issue....

Thanks for any and all help!
Offline   Reply With Quote