View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 09:10 AM   #252
Dave Haig

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Default This Program Can Be Very Frustrating...

If you are using a blackberry, there is another reason to stay away from this program, as there is no way to backup your blacklist. You will be happily training it for months and finally, all of the annoying nuisance numbers are stored in your blacklist. Then, if you upgrade your operating system, or need to restore your handset for any reason at all, all of your numbers go up in smoke. The Blackberry Desktop Manager does not play well with this program, and none of your precious settings will be maintained. I contacted the programmer within days after my purchase, and the silence was deafening. Now after several months, it’s happened again, and I am going to start making a lot more noise about this. Whatever convention and or standards are necessary for data to be backed up are not being adhered to by this program. Therefore, no matter how much you think you like it, your experience with end up with heartbreak. I have decided to stop using it until this serious shortcoming has been addressed. The nuisance calls are less aggravating than losing a year’s worth of diligent blacklist training. I can’t speak to other handsets, or other backup utilities, but if you use a blackberry and you heavily rely on the desktop manager for backup and recovery of your settings, you have been warned!
Offline   Reply With Quote