View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 08:53 PM   #1
jammerz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Default Seido Rubberized Case Review (Yes, Another One)

Please Login to Remove!

I just received my Seido rubberized case. I live in Canada, So when I bought the case alone, with shipping it cost me around $40.00 CAD. I used the cheapest method of shipping, which took a pretty long time to come. I ordered it November 2nd, and I received it today... and because Seido marks it as a PDA Accessory, US customs charged me $9.17. So basically the case cost me $50 after everything was said and done. It's not an extravagant amonnt, but nonetheless, it is the most that I have ever paid for a case.

Now to the case. After reading all of the reviews I knew this would be a 50-50 chance of my case satisfying me or not. I snapped the top before the bottom, like many threads have said to do, and it snapped in pretty easy.The case feels like a dream. I feel like I have a better grip on the phone now, and it absolutely does not increase the size of the case by any visible means...

...BUT... when I look at the case, you can clearly tell that the case does not fit perfectly. The space between the two pieces decreases as you move from the top of the case to the bottom. I thought at first that I had missed a clip or something, but after checking each side, I realized it was just how it fit. And when I use the phone in one hand to send a text message, the case feels as if it has a bit of space, causing the pearl to shift slightly. Also, when snapping the case together, it did feel as if there was a lot more tension in the top of the case than the bottom.

So in Summary:

Pros:
- Snaps together easy: Snap top before bottom
- Better grip, does not inhibit finger for texting
- Case + Pearl VS Pearl alone is negligable

Cons:
- Fitment is not flush: space between pieces is different in top vs bottom
- Pearl seems to move around a bit in the case
- There is a lot of tension in the top of the case: makes it feel fragile.
- It is expensive for what it is. Realistically the case is worth around $30 bucks Canadian, and I spent around $50 Canadian on it.
- I have an OEM Blackberry Leather case with a sleeper magnet, and the skin will fit inside of the case, but because of the rubberization, the case is hard to pull in and out of the case. I basically have no use for the case anymore.

Would I buy another case from Seido?
Overall, I thnk the cons outweigh the pros. I bought this case basically based off of phungy's review (not saying that I blame you bro!)... one thing that I think people should see is the way the case looks on the phone. When I get home from class, I will post some pictures of the real pieces you want to see - the mute button, the sides and corners of the phone, etc.

Next time, I'm going to wait longer and read more reviews. If there is a lot of good reviews, then I might buy another Seido cae. But the experience alone has left a bad taste in my mouth.