View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 06:51 AM   #4
hbkidf

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange

Thanks for the suggestions alas I am nowhere nearer a solution.

Contacted my carrier and after an hour on the phone they basically had no clue what was going on. They tried telling me that 8900's do not support UMA on Orange UK, which I know is a lie because my girlfriend is using it no problem.

They then claimed it was only supported on a business contract and not consumer - again, I know they're wrong because my girlfriend is on a consumer deal.

Furthermore, under Wi-Fi Diagnostics I have a green tick next to the "UMA Wi-Fi Available" - so the UMA capability is still there. I am definitely connected to my Wireless because I've checked the list of devices currently connected to it and both me and my girlfriend are on it as well as a laptop. It just won't switch over to UMA (especially annoying since I have zero reception in my place).

They then tried to convince me that I can still connect to the net and receive e-mails if I'm connected to the Wi-Fi and not UMA - again, this is wrong.

I ended up having to call my ISP and they just said they have no clue what I'm going on about (under Wi-Fi Diagnostics, sub-section UMA it tells me the connection error is ISP or Wireless Network error).

And now, I'm trying to e-mail RIM but they're asking for "Partner Code" and I have no idea what this means.

Can anybody help?
Offline   Reply With Quote