View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 09:57 AM   #61
..-.

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Anybody else love the Torch?

Please Login to Remove!

Interesting thread. I'm brand new to BBFs.com. I joined in anticipation of switching from an iPhone 3GS to a Torch when my commitment runs out in about three months (I wouldn't scream if a Torch2 came out in the meantime .) While the perfect smart phone has yet to be created, for me it boils down to trade offs.

- Screen size: If RIM had a large screen device on AT&T two years ago, my first smart phone would have been a BB. The Torch screen, irrespective of its relative resolution, fits the bill.

- Processor speed? Processors are never fast enough. Sometimes they seem fast in the beginning but my adaptive brain sooner or later wants it faster than it is. Since I have no BB experience, the Torch will be fast enough.

- BB community: I always feel like I am among strange bedfellows with my iPhone. I think the Torch will balance my need for a business phone with fun stuff that I also want like a big screen and media play capability.

- Apps: I wrote many freeware Palm apps and have been disappointed with Apple's iPhone SDK. Objective C? There's not a lot that looks like C in it to me. I'm hopeful of an open BB environment that helps me exploit and build marketable skills, like Java app writing.

Patience.... patience ,
Frank
Offline   Reply With Quote