View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 01:19 AM   #19
ohhthatguy

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Default Re: Who else is really dissapointed?

im not that dissappointed in the hardware but very dissappointed in the software. IMO doesn't matter how many phones they release, if their software sucks, the phone sucks. The browser is getting better but nothing compared to android or ios. The apps that are available are also not as good. For the business users or people that don't need apps or browsing they prolly happy with what is available now. The bigger market is the regular consumers that dont need all the security and more user friendly so ppl can develop apps for it.
I know a lot of ppl that carry and willing to carry 2 device and its rarely 2 blackberrys. they have 1 blackberry (most of the time given to them) and the one they buy is not a blackberry.
android and ios now are trying to work on their security. once they get that down rim is gonna hurt even more. What I dont understand is we all know blackberry's has the best security available. Why dont they just make another os for the mainstream users with all the apps that android and ios has? let the ppl decide what version to put on. you want top security with a great browser? or just the mediocre security like ios and android but you get all those fun apps and games with a tablet exprience browser.
ppl that likes their qwerty will take the blackberry and for touchscreen i would have a blackberry too if it can have all those gadgets and fun things that come with ios or android. majority of the ppl that leave blackberry hesitate on security and productivity at first. Then they start to see all these cool things there friends iphone and android can do at home. it eventually will slowly rub off on them.
In the end its just a touch screen phone for hardware not much u can do to it except better processor and ram. But its the software behind it now days that what makes the phone. the hardware is pretty advance now that we wouldnt know much of a difference with the 1+ghz processors.
all these new phones that apple and android coming out with is just faster, better graphics and tweaks to the os. why? so it can run all the games and apps better. All the developers also get excited because they now can develop or create better apps and games for the hardware. this is killing rim in my opinion.
Heck just build 1 os and disable a lot of the options for the business users and ppl that want security. keep everything enabled for the regular consumers. because in the end, the business user is also the consumer at the end of the day.
I would go out and buy rim shares if they would tell me that they are going to create a os that is developer friendly for the consumers and blackberry world. and have another version of the os that is locked down for business users. keeping the 2 separate will make things much easier for majority also.
Offline   Reply With Quote