Old 02-01-2008, 08:13 AM   #45
Grimlin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: K1
PIN: Positive Intrinsic Negative???
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
Grimlin - still testing here - although I confess I don't think I'm exhaustively testing as I think you are, rather testing as I listen to a book -
It would surprise me if anyone actually did. I think I have an undiagnosed case of OCD.

Quote:
haven't gotten to the end of my first book with the beta yet, so not sure about the issue about missing the end.
Be prepared to listen to about 1min of audio on your PC If they don't fix it before you get to the end. By my calculations, it is about 10sec for every hour.

Quote:
Thanks for the startup thoughts, I may try to uninstall-reinstall tonight. It seems quite slow to me in general though - for instance, hitting the '1' key to back up 30 seconds - seems to almost take 30 seconds of "buffering" before it starts playing again for me - is this what you observe also?
When you bounce back and it has to rebuffer, you are rebuffering 4min of audio. It shouldn't do that. If they don't fix it with their new buffering scheme in the next version, we should definitely detail out the problem and suggest an alternative. Like jumping back to the beginning of the buffer instead of restarting the buffering.

Quote:
The "stuttering" isn't TOO bad, but I'm pretty sure its still there, a little bit? (Just noticed your comments on popping vs stuttering - guess I'm hearing what you call popping now.)
Since they actually fixed the problem of losing parts of the stream and whole words would be stuttered to the point of misinterpretation, I felt I should close it out and call it something else.

Quote:
I don't really mind the trackball lock/unlock issue, just have to wait for the screen to go dark while listening before holstering it.
This really...really...bothers me as well. They need to unbind the control functions from the trackball. At a bare minimum, the FF RW need to go and they need to enable the mute button on top of the device as a pause/play toggle. If this were done, at least you wouldn't wreak havok on your book position when holstering.