Old 02-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #9
DragonBuster

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default jincollingo, we need your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jincollingo View Post
I successfully loaded the Slingbox software for the Pearl onto my Storm. I am running on Verizon and have the 9530. The video quality is very good and the software is stable. Since the software is not for the Storm you have to run in compatibility mode which means you only get a small window for TV viewing, not the whole Storm's 480x360 screen. I have been waiting for 3 years for Sling to come out with this software and I am sure they will release a version for the Storm soon, but I just had to test it now!

In order to successfully get this working I had to do the following:
- Upgrade the Storm to the leaked version of .85
- Download the file directly from Slingmedia, using their website autodetects your device and denies you access
- Setup the Slingbox for a Direct Internet connection through my firewall at home

Since I am an IT geek none of this was difficult for me, however, if you aren't tech savvy it may prove to be a challenge. I am not going to list any of the steps because it is all posted out there on other sites with detailed instructions for downloading the leaked OS, backing up your device, upgrading it and restoring the backup along with links to download the jad file directly from Sling and how to configure you Slingbox.

I tried to post a link to more info but my count isn't high enough.

Happy Slinging!

Jer
hey jer,
im currently on a different forum and people are trying to get slingbox on their storm but dont know how.. i want to help them but i dont even have a slingbox therefore i cant.. im sure everyone would appreciate your help if you leave a comment explaining to them on our forum..

phonescoop.com/phones/p_forum.php?ff=1864

if its not too much trouble, THANKS!!!
Offline   Reply With Quote