Old 07-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #366
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by conker View Post
Okay, cool, would love to hear your opinion. I have been following this thread, and I think you are approaching both sides logically. Obviously, it helps that you are really familiar with the BB... Here is where I am at... I started with a 8700, and have been rocking the 8800 for 2 years now. The USB connector on the 8800 just broke, so I am back on my 8700. I was hoping to get the Bold, but I just cannot wait, and the iPhone is such a compelling device. The only personal argument I have with myself for not getting the iPhone is the lack of keyboard, but that just isn't enough now to dissuade from a purchase. Now that iPhone2 seems to have better support (IMAP) for email than BB users on BIS (like myself) it's REALLY hard to not consider it. So here is my plan.... Get the iPhone, and if I really don't like it, can't get use to the virtual keyboard, etc..., then get the Bold. This plan gives me a solid 2 months or more until the Bold launches....

Can't wait to hear your review...
Both are great. If you have ever used a touch screen on any other device, then this blows them all away. It is highly responsive and accurate. You don't have to put ANY pressure on the glass because it is capacitive and not a pressure sensitive screen. Whatever is the first portion of your finger to hit the screen is what is recognized. So you can type extremely fast on the virtual keyboard. Honestly I can type just as fast or faster on my iPhone as on my curve, but cannot do so for extended emails that are a page or so. My iPhone is a much more enjoyable device but it cannot compare for what I need at work because I write large email and notes to myself. The lack of notes on the iPhone syncing to the desktop also hampers it. On the BB I am used to writing a note in Outlook and have it automatically appear on the BB. This doesn't happen on the iPhone. I hope someone has a 3rd party solution for that soon.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
PIN: 20FA40E8
Offline   Reply With Quote