View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 08:15 PM   #20
davemack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Well, fxstsb, your replies are about as confusing as my AT&T bill.

My wife's job requires her to have a BB or something similar and she has had her 8300 for a year and a half. We share a "Family Plan" for our phone usage. We share 550 minutes with many free features. We never use all of our minutes so the phone plan is very generous.

After reading your replies, I decided to look at out BB plans. For the most part, it says that our data plans are separate for each phone number. Under the details of her data plan, I saw exactly what you refered to as Blackberry Personal for $30/mo. When I look at mine, I do't see that. I see something that looks like 0.01/KB per use but then under "details", it says (GPRS WAP/BBRY Unlimited) - (included = Unlimited) - (Used = 2.15MB) - (Remaining = Unlimited). Very confusing but everything works and the bill doesn't seem wrong.

My wife bought me the BB when the battery in my old phone died. She told them she wanted it to have the same unlimited plan she had on hers. It works great so I don't want to make too many waves. It might have something to do with having two BBs on the same account. But I never did anything to set up anything except use the Personal email setup wizard to enter my email account addresses along with their passwords and all three email accounts started working great. I mean that I get email on my BB just as fast or faster than I get it on my computer which has cable download speeds of over 12MB/sec.

So, besides whatever the folks did at the AT&T store to initiate my phone, that's all the setup it has seen. Perhaps what kailanihawk said will work. I'll have to check that out. What rbrooks86 said about the lost username & password, I saw the button for a lost password but not for the user name. But I will look again.