View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 01:50 PM   #6
apasic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700C
Carrier: Robbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileRC
I do know that BlackBerry's compression is very very good but I am not privy to the technical details. Any data you can bring up on your pc while browsing is very different than the amount of data your bb will use viewing the same site.

Also I would say that not alot of people use the web browsing on their bb's, I doubt a large portion use any sort of 3rd party program either. That is probably why there are not a large percentage of people going over their 25mb limit. I've heard it before but Rogers is in the process of changing their data plans to accomodate power users as they will become more and more prevalent with 8700 and future devices.
i was just talking from experience. a few days ago i was sitting around with nothing to do so i pulled out the 8700 and went to this site. each time i went through the menus it would load another 100KB-300KB depending on what was on the page. with java enables and scripts running its much worse, not to mention pictures. im sure that within about 5 minuts i must have reloaded atleast 10 times to read new threads, 10x150kb = over 1MB. thats just 5 minutes. so if i use it 5 minutes a day for 30 days im already over the limit. im still within rogers 3 months of unlimited and the first 12 days of usage i had about 46megs ... and i really didnt even use it much, mostly just random browsing every once in a while and email.

bottom line is i am not goint to change my habits just because someone wants to grab as much money from me as they can -- why buy a convenience good and just stare at it?, thats why im getting a tmobile sim with the international plan.