View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 12:38 AM   #8
lindros2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW/O2 (Intl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7404 View Post
just a simple poll asking for opinions about ppl's 3G experience results in an earful, should i thank you ?
To justify WHY this poll is "stupid" (and not relevant):

1. Verizon is terrific at my in-law's house in Albany, NY.
2. Verizon is terrific at my condo in Atlanta.
3. Verizon is crap at my house in suburban Atlanta (outer city limits).
4. Verizon is good in Rochester, NY.
5. Verizon is average in downtown Raleigh, NC.
6. Verizon is great at Emory University in Atlanta.

Oh, wait, but that is with my "3G-enabled" RAZR maxx VE.

How about with my Storm? Some situations are similar, but others are completely different. I have no idea why. But the same situation exists with T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint.

What defines "good 3G service" ? Fast speed ? (see my first response). Long battery life ? (YES, battery life *IS* related to strong tower signal strength) And how about the lack of voice+data (like AT&T's 3G)? Does that make my 3G service "worse" ?

My point is that you can go on forever, and come to ZERO conclusion. This will *NEVER* be a scientific and/or reliable preference poll like "do you like your Storm" or "how long does your battery last" (which are also not scientific but at least have a more finite question/answer. 3G service is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to quantify and qualify.

And to your retort - I am posting in this thread as to not MISLEAD anyone who might think that "wow I read on BlackBerry Forums that Verizon 3G is great but it doesn't work at my office on the 30th floor in downtown Minneapolis..."

Finally, if you disagree - see the "+1" from the moderator above. Mods normally do not put up with "this is stupid" responses unless they have some truth.
Offline   Reply With Quote