View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
AMSOS

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: Warranty replacement of CS-2 battery; aftermarket manufacturers?

Thanks guys! I see your point about going for a genuine battery, whether BB or aftermarket.

I think the general consensus is that Seidio is the best aftermarket supplier. I have been searching online and there also seems to be this other brand - Lenmar. Can anyone comment on their experience with this brand?

And believe it or not, the 8520 OEM battery is out of stock everywhere. Not available at the store, or online on the BB website!

And thanks a lot for the blackberyfaqs link. I think I made a mistake because I would regularly wait till the battery was down to 5 or 10 % before recharging it fully. I have always followed this with other cellphone batteries - or any other kind of battery for that matter - and never had a problem. In fact, I was led to believe that going from 100 % to near empty and then recharging it fully ensures a long life for the battery!

So in fact, I would imagine that topping up everyday as this site suggests would actually lead to problems. But clearly, this guy writes from experience and it would seem that BB batteries are to be treated differently. Why so?

Thanks!
Offline   Reply With Quote