View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
AMSOS

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Angry Warranty replacement of CS-2 battery; aftermarket manufacturers?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

I am in quite disappointed with T Mobile/BB after the local store refused to replace what seems to be a defective battery of my 8520.

I had bought the phone through T Mobile online less than 4 months ago, and today the salesperson simply told me that they can't replace the battery since technically the warranty is 3 months!

I am quite unhappy with this stress on technicalities. After all, the battery backup has gone down significantly since the last month or so. And even if the battery started to go bad after the warranty period should they have some kind of grace period?

I am wondering if anyone has suggestions about how I can get the battery replaced?

Also, can someone suggest a relatively cheaper battery as replacement? I've heard good things about Seidio but am not sure I am willing to shell out nearly 50 $ at this point !

I checked up and Amazon seems to have the OEM CS-2 battery for as low as 3 or 4 $. I am quite confused as to how this is possible.

If I need to replace the battery on my own, would it be safe to go for the Amazon batteries?

Any other aftermarket battery manufacturer that I should check out?

Thanks !
Offline   Reply With Quote