View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #198
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Will you move away from BlackBerry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasbart View Post
I've owned 6-7 blackberrys in the past 10 or so years. My needs are very simple, I'm not interested in 99% of the apps my wife is running on her iPhone4. All I want is dependable email, dependable and INFORMATIVE address book (ie organize by company/last name), dependable calendar, and a browser that will get me to and from various websites (mostly news/financial). I'm not interested in games, not interested in listening to music on a blackberry. I know, I'm boring, just like the blackberry.

Everything was going just fine with my year-old 9700, running os5, and syncing through DM5. Then I made the mistake of upgrading to os6/DM6. I swear I don't think the 9700 has enough memory to dependably run os6. And 75% of the time I sync with DM6 it freezes for one reason or other after the sync has been successfully completed.

I've been playing with my wife's old iPod Touch just to get used to the Apple experience. With a few exceptions (I don't like the address book) it works pretty good. My contract with Blackberry/AT&T ends 5/21...

By the way, I'm a semi-early adopter of Outlook 2011 for Mac. It doesn't work. Not even with the updates and the infamous SP1. God forbid that you even think of syncing a Blackberry with it.

Full disclosure: my computer is a MacBook, running 10.6.6. Outlook 2003 (still the best email/calendar/address book MS has ever made) is running on Parallels 6/WinXP. I really like the idea of subtracting one major Windows piece from the puzzle, and the white bread Apple Mail/iCal/Address Book will do.

Thanks, Jim
I agree with you wrt OS6. I went back to 5. You may want to do the same.